When you look for sth here

Tuesday 9 February 2016

Fat not ugly

SETTING
Laundry room, full of moist and hot water; endless lines of fresh washing cut the place in to semi-real, multi-dimensional, foggy space.

CAST
CHARLIE
7-year old boy, son on Frank
FRANK
26-year old father of Charlie
MARY
23-year old mother of Charlie
MARGARINE
19-year old girl, who married Frank 2 years ago
DANIELLE
Mother of Margarine


MARY
"Let go of Charlie! The truth is, I've despised you since I discovered the truth about you, Frank and the Margarine!"

DANIELLE
What do you mean? I haven't done anything.

MARY
Oh, don't pretend you're so innocent! You arranged that whole marriage between Frank and Margarine. How could you? You knew I loved him, you knew I would always be with him, if only...

DANIELLE
If only you were let doing whatever you wanted. Like let this Elvis play for you every day. He's disgusting!

MARY
He's not!

DANIELLE
He's fat!

MARY
He's not! He's I'll, he has bulimia.

DANIELLE
How could you know?

MARY
Because he told me! And because I saw him... He's not really Elvis, you see. He just pretends he's him. Apparently, there was a famous singer once, with that name. And many people aspire to act like him, and dress like him.  It no one could sing like him, until this Elvis...
Anyway, he is fighting his illness, and failing.

DANIELLE
What do you mean?

MARY
I saw him. At the ball, last year. The one with Frozen theme.
"It was carnage. An obese Elvis impersonator throwing up on 78 girls in Frozen costumes throwing up on an obese clown!"

No comments:

Post a Comment