When you look for sth here

Monday 6 February 2017

Big black dog

- Can you please draw me a big black dog, please? - he says, giving me this 'I love you so why don't you do what I am asking you to? Nicely?' kind of look (ok, I'm trying here not to become this insanely fixated mother, who thinks and talks about no one else but her magnificent children. I'm trying... He's not that manipulative, he's cheeky and has these ideas that put him into trouble but he's a good boy, deep down inside he is a good one, so fingers crossed I won't spoil him...:)

5 minutes later we end up with a fox. It looks quite realistic, apart from the fact it is black. And nowhere near the dog some of us expected it to be.

- Looks like big dogs are out of my reach for now - I say - Is it ok if we have a fox instead?

He thinks about it before saying:
- How about a small black dog? Can you draw me a small one, please?

All of a sudden, trying to stay sane and not in awe of how genius a 3.5-year old can be, all that trying is very challenging.  Almost impossible. And for a short moment, it actually is.



(Turns out that small animals are within my artistic reach. Black dog in petite, anyone?:)

No comments:

Post a Comment