When you look for sth here

Saturday 28 February 2015

When was the last time...

... You did something for the first time?

I read it somewhere (ok, it was on Facebook), and it struck me. It painfully showed me how predictable and boring my life has recently become. That is, in the last six years, or so. While it should be one of the most unique and precious, and memorable experiences of my life, the motherhood suddenly formed into plain, non-adventurous short-term planned existence, with nappies, tantrums, and truly exiting visits to playgrounds at the centre of attention.
I might have exaggerated a bit right now, showing only one side of the story (omitting the emotions, the moments, the spontaneous loveyoumummy words, the joy and laughter). The purpose though was to wake me up a bit, and try identifying again who I am. Who all of the mothers are when they are no longer on their own, having another human being in charge of them. Although, technically, and legally, it's the other way round.
I guess we tend to forget our true inner me when we are snowed under everyday stuff. I guess that's the reason why all the meditation, yoga (which I love, by the way), and relaxation techniques became so popular. But the thing is, none of these is needed. All you need is 5 minutes a day to stop. And think. Who you are. Where you're going with your life. What was nice that happen to you today. What made you sad. How can you work around those happy moments to live better tomorrow.
No need for 25-year success story planned in details to define you (even when such long-term perspective can improve your everyday life, as you stay focus on what you really want to do).

Funny how those cliche discoveries come to me now. Better later than never, I guess (and I have a suspicious feeling that last quote came to me several times here already:).


No comments:

Post a Comment