When you look for sth here

Saturday 11 June 2016

Paris Mon Amour

Today, I spent most of my day reading. This hardly ever happens these days; let's just say a combination of My Little Pony, Bubble Guppies, and the the Paw Patrol contributed largely.

It appears you can carry on with your household duties, including cleaning the floors and cooking, while being glued to a book. But any book won't do. It needs to be the one you find lots of connections with. The one clicks with you in an instant. The one you find lots in common.

Like this one.

It talks about love. About solitude. About relationships we have with our mothers. About choices we make, and how they influence us even if we avoid them as much as we can. About life.

It is astonishingly profound. At first I was expecting 'just' a love story. But it goes deeper.

'so much of who we are is an infinite mystery.'

Just when I was about to write this post, I found out about Christina Grimmie, a 22-year old singer who I happened to listen to, and was amazed with her beautiful edgy voice. She was killed yesterday by a guy few years her senior. Why? We won't find out since he shot himself shortly afterwards. That incredibly sad story shades yet another light onto the book I wholeheartedly recommend reading.
'An infinite mystery'
...

(I received an ARC from the publisher via Netgalley.)


No comments:

Post a Comment