When you look for sth here

Friday 11 December 2015

Youth

I was recently nominated to the childhood memories / photos challenge (on Facebook, obviously:).
You're supposed to post 5 photos for 5 consecutive days, each one of them being taken at least 15 years ago.

Just realised I have none.


I mean, there are plenty of photos back in my family's house. And even more at my parents house.
But with me - none.

Like If I was the one with no past. Like if I wanted to be that one.

Just realised that.

But it's not the case.

Being who I am was never an issue. Where I'm from, people tend to assume a lot, and judge others a lot based on what part of the country one is from.
Fair enough, shortcuts are always needed; not always in line with the truth.
But I was always very careful not to be judgmental. And try, and see past prejudice.
(Mastered irony in the meantime, no problem with that;)

I know why I didn't want to bring the past with me.
I no longer want to be like that though.
No longer.



No comments:

Post a Comment