When you look for sth here

Wednesday 24 August 2016

Not a shriek to me

The title intrigued me.
The Whistler...

Since I am a fan of crime and mystery in general (so much of that is happening in everyday life, on a various scale obviously... that it's fascinating, really:), this book by the John Grisham made me think 'Hmmm, I'd like that."

Yet, the sample I had a chance to read, disappointed me.
Apparently, borrowing a title from radio crime drama, broadcasted in the US in the 40s, doesn't guarantee a gasp of delight. Not with me, at least.


The plot was interesting but for me there were too many distracting details, and too long in-between periods before the next sudden turn in the main storyline was revealed to the reader.

While I don't recommend the book, appreciate the fact it deals with grey area where law, security, and lust for wealth come together.

I was given the opportunity to read a sample of ARC of John Grisham's new book, The Whistler.

No comments:

Post a Comment