When you look for sth here

Tuesday 1 March 2016

CLOSET

People in the play
EMMA
ALICE


I
EMMA
- I like feeling relaxed at home, and wearing nothing. It's so liberating. I wish I could do that more often.
ALICE
- What stops you?
EMMA
- Daylight. Neighbours. English appropriateness.
ALICE
- Never thought any of that matters to you.
EMMA
- Hehe


II
ALICE
- Went window shopping last night.
EMMA
- Sounds upsetting
ALICE
- Not at all; it felt liberating actually - no need to spend any money with all the freedom to flick through clothes.
EMMA
- That's ok then


III
EMMA
- Finally! The spring is here. Why are you wearing that turtleneck today? It's really warm!
ALICE
- Oh, it's just that... I felt chilly this morning...
EMMA
- You? Chilly! You're the one wearing T-shirts all year long! Chilly?!?
ALICE
- Yeah, well, it's... it's complicated...
EMMA
- Meaning? What's happening?
ALICE
- Everything is fine. I need to go.


IV
ALICE
- That dress is beautiful! But I cannot wear it.
EMMA
- Why not? It will suit you!
ALICE
- It's too... too... revealing
EMMA
- No it's not, there's just a T-shirt neckline, nothing more.
ALICE
- Yeah, but the colours, I don't think they suit me.
EMMA
- You will look lovely, just try it on, you will see.
ALICE
- I can't!
EMMA
- What is going on? Will you tell me? I can help you, if needs be!
ALICE
- Aha. Ok. Thanks, no need for that.


V
EMMA
(reading a newspaper)
' A 22-year old Alice G. was discovered dead at the Cwrwrrwwmhn Inn in Wales, alongside a note with just one word: "Closet". It turned out she has been severely wounded, and strangled several times, with 4 facial bones fractured as a result of physical abuse...'
(stops reading)
- If only I wasn't so selfish... If only I didn't let her go...

No comments:

Post a Comment