When you look for sth here

Friday 9 October 2015

Zzzzzz

The last 3-4 weeks has been, for some reason, one of the most hectic periods of my life.

Not in general, but in terms of sleeping, it's almost as if I had another little baby to care for at nights.

Waking up around 3 am became a habit:)

And obviously, that is harmful to me, but it gave opportunity to think. A lot.

But, restoration and wit are on the money, therefore I had to do something to stop those night calls.

And I figured out that if I apply some kind of routine to those night wake ups, it really helps to sooth my brain, let it recharge fully, and feel fully refreshed in the morning (well, that part is actually closer to truth after cleansing, toning, and moisturizing, but it sounds good when it's said like that, right?:)

Basically, you have to go to the basics. And treat yourself like you would treat a little baby, that has no understanding, or a vague one at most, on what is going on, why she feels sleepy, why she is angry and cannot fall asleep even if she wants to.
It is common to have a plan then, with few activities coming one after another, and ticking the boxes as they're completed. The baby understands it's repeatable therefore it's safe, she knows what comes next and feels secure, she goes to sleep quicker (reality sometimes verifies that approach, but still, it usually works). This, and calm approach help massively.

I decided to do the same. Be calm and have a routine in place.
Like reading a book for 15 minutes, drinking a glass of water with lemon, and thinking a while. But not too deep. And definitely not worry about anything.
So for example the dreams I have are quite nice, and positive, and something I wish was happening in real life (and maybe it will, who knows:).
Thinking about those dreams is a great idea for my brain to wander around, and calm down.
And then, it is easier to go back to sleep.
Rather than spending 2 hours in this half-awake, half-horror situation, it is now half an hour at most.
And all that after one week of my 'method' of self-soothing being put in place.

Looks like I'm getting there:)...

No comments:

Post a Comment