When you look for sth here

Friday 12 February 2016

GENDEUTRALITY

MEG
33-year old female, good friend of Ryan

RYAN
46-year old male, good friend of Meg



AT THE BUS STOP

MEG
- Men!

RYAN
- What again?! Did I said something wrong, again?

MEG
- I didn't mean men as males. Sometimes you are just so narrow-minded.

RYAN
- Just like you are opinionated. Sometimes.

MEG
- Which is something you seem to like in me. Always.

RYAN
- Fair point. If not males, then who?

MEG
- Humankind. People. The ones living on planet Earth.

RYAN
- What did they do to you?

MEG
- Remember, how I waited for that Sting tour across Canada and US, or US and Canada actually? How I wanted to buy the tickets?

RYAN
- Yes...

MEG
- Well, the sale started this morning, at 10am. I was there since 9:30, with my coffee (skipped my you morning routine and exercises just to make sure I am there), sitting in front of my PC, when all of the sudden the Internet went down.

RYAN
- OK, that happens, did you turn it off and on again?
MEG
- What kind of a question is that. Of course I did. I have been watching IT stuff!

RYAN
- And?

MEG
- It didn't work. And then, there was a knock at the door. So I opened, and...

RYAN
- You shouldn't open. You should be peering first, to check who is there. Dangerous times require extra cautiousness, and...
MEG
- I know, I know, but I was angry with the Internet already. So I opened, and there was the most gorgeous woman I have ever seen in my life. Not only her face was beautiful, but her body, her posture, even the air around her - everything was perfect.
 
RYAN
- Hmmm...

MEG
- That's exactly what I thought. That, and I honestly started to consider going bi...

RYAN
- What?!??
MEG
- You would too! Oh, no, hang on, you're a man already.

RYAN
- Well, thanks for noticing. Finally! After all these years!

MEG
- You mean, I should have noticed earlier? But we are just friends, we have always been just friends...

RYAN
- Well, that doesn't mean...
MEG
- Aha. OK, we'll go back to that in a second. I need to tell you about that woman.

RYAN
- OK

MEG
- She happened to be a bicycle repair man. And was looking for a spare tire.

RYAN
- A bicycle repair man? Are you sure you are not telling me one of those Monty Python-inspired dreams of yours again?

MEG
- No! No. I guess not. Although that would explain her sudden disappearance when I came back to the door with a tire I happened to have...

RYAN
- Meg. Seriously. Stop taking those drugs. They are clearly not helping.

MEG
- You think so? But I have all of these ideas now. Ones I have never ever had before.

RYAN
- I have a better idea now. Come here.

MEG
- What idea? Tell me.

RYAN
- I won't tell you. I will show you...

MEG
- Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment