When you look for sth here

Friday 20 June 2014

Measuring time

'This cheese tastes similar to the one I ate at grandma's, long time ago, when I was very little' said Zosia last evening during dinner time. For the record, the aforementioned cheese tasting with my parents took place less than 3 months ago, in April this year.
Her blunt statement made me realised how time measurement and time appreciation change when we get older. I mean I have known about relativity for some time now; Zosia just put it in my face all of the sudden:))
When we are little, 20 minutes break between sea jumps sounds like eternity (that's me being 8 years old, or so, first time at the sea; my parents wanted to make sure I am ok, and not caughing on a first day, so they made me lay down for a there of an hour before I could jump in again; as I said: eternity). When we are teenagers, the magic of adulthood seems to be miles away. When we grow up, the time suddenly starts to fly, and we want to slow it down...

No comments:

Post a Comment